Small business owners are often searching for cost-effective solutions to manage their business needs in an efficient manner. This is the sole reason why more and more businesses are now shifting towards QuickBooks Online to manage their accounting and bookkeeping needs effectively.
QuickBooks is an accounting software that is easy to setup and has a simple user interface. It keeps all of your data in one place and ensures smooth processing. You can create customized reports and export them onto other applications using the useful features of this bookkeeping software.
Though there are several training courses available online, most do not teach you how to create inventory assemblies – which is an important part of the QuickBooks online application that will help you ensure efficient management of your data. Though the concept is quite simple and the application helps you out in the process, it can still prove to be a complex task at times.
A Guide to Building Assemblies in QuickBooks Online
We have compiled a handy guide that will teach you how to build assemblies in QuickBooks Online. Before you start, make sure that you have formed detailed records of items that will be added to the assemblies. If there are any new items, you can add those later. However, it is best to add all items beforehand in order to ensure smooth processing.
We have listed all of the steps that will help you create a simple assembly. Several issues can arise when creating and selling builds. Therefore, if you plan on doing these frequently, you should consider taking a QuickBooks class to understand it more completely.1. Click on the ‘Vendors’ menu and open the ‘Inventory Activities > Build Assemblies’. A dialogue box will pop up in front of you.
2. Click on the arrow next to the category labeled ‘Assembly Item’ and click on the option ‘<Add New>’. A ‘New Item’ box will appear displaying ‘Inventory Assembly’ as highlighted. Select ‘New Item’ and enter the ‘Item Name or Number’ in the field.
3. You will not yet be entering anything in the field of ‘Cost’, however, you can enter a description in the ‘Description’ category. Also, you need to make sure that you have chosen the right Cost of Goods account under the ‘COGS Account’ category.
4. Go down to the box below ‘Bill of Materials – BOM’. Click on the space underneath ‘Item’ and access the list of items present in your inventory by clicking the down arrow. Choose the first option in the assembly and fill up the ‘QTY – Quantity’ field. Go down to the next option and continue doing this process until you’ve entered all of the required information.5. QuickBooks Online continues tallying the costs of the items present in your assembly, which is not the sales price and puts the total beneath the ‘Bills of Materials (BOM)’ box.
6. The ‘Asset Account’ must display the accurate information. You need to enter the number of new builds that need to be ordered in the ‘Build Point’ field. If you know the amount of builds you have in your hand, type that number in on the ‘On hand’ box. QuickBooks then calculates the total value of your current builds and presents the figure in the ‘Total Value’ box.
7. Once you are done with the above steps, you can scroll back up and issue a ‘Sales price’, which will be based on the cost along with the markup. When you are done, click on ‘Ok’. The screen that comes up after that will ask you the number of assemblies you want to build. Type in the number of assemblies you want to build and save the record.
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual accounting, providing services to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks file and critical financial documents in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of US based accounting professionals are certified QuickBooksTMProAdvisor’s providing bookkeeping and controller services including training, full or partial-service bookkeeping, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, vendor and receivables management, process and controls advisement, and customized reporting. Offering flat rate pricing, Complete Controller is the most cost effective expert accounting solution for business, family office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.