The Restaurant Industry
A restaurant is all about tasty scrumptious food and an ultra-charging ambiance along with exceptional customer service. Keeping the customer satisfied is not child’s play. Every employee of the restaurant has to work collectively with one single goal of providing an excellent experience for their customers. In such a business where customers are impacting the performance and rating of the business on a daily basis, it is very important for the business itself to take proactive measures and monitor their own deliveries. It is vital for a restaurant to monitor the feedback of their customers and their performance level on a daily basis to rectify all of the loopholes in their performance. Here are few practices that can help you in monitoring and analyzing the daily performance of any restaurant business.
How Can you Monitor the Daily Performance of your Restaurant?
Customer Surveys to Collect Data
The best way to understand the food quality, ambiance, and customer service provided is to ask the customers for their feedback. A customer’s feedback is the best way to gain the insight of your target market and judge your performance accordingly. This feedback can be generated in the form of online ratings, manual feedback forms, or even the ratio of customer complaints.
A customer survey helps in:
- Improving the day to day performance of the business
- Getting more innovative ideas and customer preferences
How to Conduct a Customer Survey
Conducting a customer survey can be a tricky task as the customer may hesitate to fill out a long form during their time enjoying a night out. However, keeping the survey short or giving the customer an incentive for filling out a survey will keep them indulged in giving a positive and detailed feedback. The basic important questions for a restaurant survey are:
- The quality of the food
- The waiting time
- Portion of the food and servings
- Was the food worth the price?
- The customer service experience
- The ambiance of the restaurant
- Seating arrangements
- The suggestion box if the customer is willing to add up something
Daily Based Customer Ratings
By getting customer insight on an online portal, the restaurant can even set up a daily based customer average rating. Encourage your customers to visit the numerous social media sites that are available to rate your restaurant or use the “check in” feature.
Forecast your Sales
Forecasting sales will give you an average target for each day and, therefore, the restaurant can easily witness the decline or increase in their sales with respect to their set benchmarks.
Recording your Sales
Bookkeeping is a crucial process in any business. Recording your sales, expenses, and other future expected gains and losses will give you an exact picture of your current standings.
Set Long-Term Goals
Setting long-term goals are very important in any business. This keeps all employees on the same page. Every employee, including the restaurant manager, chef, customer service representative, or wait staff is working with a single goal in mind to achieve the company’s target. These long term goals even aid in designing the daily goals for monitoring the performance of the business on a daily basis.
How are these Goals Measured?
- Break Even Point: A break even point is the actual sales figure where your cost of production equals the revenue. It is important for a business to hit this point to gain profits.
- Employee Turnover Rate: The employee turnover rate is another point where restaurants can judge how well their employees are satisfied with their jobs and how much cost they have to spend on hiring and training new employees.
- Calculating variances to looking into the difference between the actual prices and the budgeted prices.
Set Daily Targets and Performance Metrics
Your long-term goals can be further divided into short-term goals, which can be monitored and measured on a daily basis.
These short terms targets can be in terms of:
- Number of customers
- Number of delivery orders
- The conversion rate of the restaurant
- The daily average sales in terms of monetary value
Benefits of Monitoring Daily Performance
- Easy tracking of long-term goals
- Hassle free processing of future credits if the date is available on a daily basis
- Ease of understanding the customer expectations
- Prevention of future errors
- Improved efficiency
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual accounting, providing services to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks file and critical financial documents in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of US based accounting professionals are certified QuickBooksTMProAdvisor’s providing bookkeeping and controller services including training, full or partial-service bookkeeping, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, vendor and receivables management, process and controls advisement, and customized reporting. Offering flat rate pricing, Complete Controller is the most cost effective expert accounting solution for business, family office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.