Business Funding/Financing is the course through which entrepreneurs arrange money for investment for business purposes. A investment can be used for starting a new business or to finance current activity in a business that’s already well on it’s way.
There are 3 main purposes of financing:
- Funding a business startup
- Financing for growth and expansion of a business
- Dealing with unforeseen financial encounters
Sources of Business Financing
- Giving up Equity
- Business credit card use
- Small Business Administration loans
- Foreign investors
- Crowdfunding /Selling shares of the business
Are Business Funding Rules Good or Bad?
If you ever turn to economics, accounting or managing the books in a business, there will probably be rules everywhere. Following rules in business are good for running a successful and growing business.
But, experience and personal forecasting and judgment matter quite a bit in making decisions for running a successful business and producing result oriented business operations.
If you ever ask a successful entrepreneur if he is a strict rule follower, the answer will be no. From a study conducted on a course of 30 years and on 12,686 Americans sample size, “Study finds successful entrepreneurs have brains and a history of risky behavior in their teens”
7 Business Funding ‘Rules’ to break:
1. Think out of the shell. Be rebellious in nature. Being rebellious in business does not mean risking conflict in legal matters. It means to think out of the box. If the market is going down and the overall economy is falling, even then there is nothing bad in taking risks and facing challenges. But, be prepared and get ready before falling into any kind of new challenge. Introducing a product with better taste as demanded by customers in the previous survey can be risky but those who do not try new ventures, do not get new experiences and/or better outcomes.
2. Be risky in business. If your current growth rate of business is not up to the mark, there is no harm in being risky and going over new horizons in business. Those who do not take risks do not reach to the skies. The large corporations that we now see often started with the least capital investment and a small sized business. Invest money in new ventures and put your efforts in fully. Even if the business goes into recession, it might rise again after using effective strategies.
3. If you think your previous business history must be spotless in financial bookkeeping, then it is a wrong assumption. Investors are often not interested in previous failures, but they are interested in your new ideas and new business plans.
4. It is not true that 100% of online lenders are spams or scams. Though many can be, not all are. There are registered tools to find and meet online lenders. Go for suitable interest rates and look at the time in which the loan has to be paid back.
5. You must always have a confirmed and high-profit yielding business plan to meet lenders. This is again a wrong assumption. It can be true to some lender’s point of view. But, many are just available to lend money and receive it back with some interest.
6. Do not go for too much loan just to show you need a huge investment capital for the business. This is not the right thing to do. Lenders often have no concern with how large your business is. They are lending money just to get more.
7. Fail harder. There is no one in the world who never failed in his/her lifetime. Never fear failures. You fall and you rise again. That is the real success.
When studying business and financing, we are told thousands of rules during our whole coursework. Accounting consultants and economists are always explaining the rules to run a successful business with an upsurge growth. However, how to fund your business is not always by a perfectly rule-abiding procedure. Use skills, be risky, gather experience from the past, and be ready to take challenges to ensure a successful business funding and growth.
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual accounting, providing services to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks file and critical financial documents in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of US based accounting professionals are certified QuickBooksTMProAdvisor’s providing bookkeeping and controller services including training, full or partial-service bookkeeping, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, vendor and receivables management, process and controls advisement, and customized reporting. Offering flat rate pricing, Complete Controller is the most cost effective expert accounting solution for business, family office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.